If The ‘Wedding’ Shoe Fits…
Now that you’ve bought the dress (and yes, I believe you should always be buying the dress FIRST for your wedding), it’s time to ACCESSORIZE with a fabulous pair of shoes for your wedding day! The options are virtually limitless – cute, sparkly flats for those who like comfort, sandals for your beach destination wedding, or sexy, strappy stilettos for the bride who wants all look and doesn’t care about having happy feet at the end of the night. I am going to show you my favorite options for every type of occasion!
I am one for the SEXY shoes – I have been training myself over the past 10 years how to walk in stilettos on a daily basis (yes, I am one of those crazy women who wears heels every single day to work), and now, the highest pair of heels does not bother me. However, being that my position revolves around shoes, we have seen a HUGE spike in women who are searching for shoes in the comfort category. And guess what – just because they are comfortable does NOT mean that they have to be ugly! Times are changing, and that is a great thing! I’ve also seen a huge jump in brides who are having fabulous destination weddings to far away places, and need that perfect flat sandal so their stilettos aren’t sinking in the sand! Whatever you’re in search of, there are definitely fabulous shoes out there to fit your budget AND your style preference.
Wedding Day Comfort
So you want to make sure that you can actually walk without limping by the end of the night, right? I DON’T BLAME YOU! The happiest day of your life should NOT include blistered, sore feet! Try some of the styles below for wedding comfort, but still with style!
1. Stuart Weitzman Gigiritz Open Toe Evening Pump – Bloomingdale’s
How pretty is this Stuart Weitzman option? Stuart Weitzman is WELL known for their comfort – and you know you are getting a great foot-friendly option when you see the low heel height on this pump. Love the pretty pleated detail over the toe box! Simple and elegant.
2. Kate Spade Iberis Heel – Kate Spade
I LOVE this Kate Spade block heel/ALMOST wedge option. You can’t get a heel more comfortable than this. However, style is not sacrificed in this shoe with it’s ankle strap detail and sweet little bow! I could definitely see your non-traditional bride wearing this shoe, and I think that’s why I love it so much.
3. Badgley Mischka Pointed Toe Gardenia Heel – Bloomingdale’s
How elegant but EASY is this low, pointed-toe heel from Badgley Mischka? A great option for the bride who wants to use her ‘Something Blue’ as her wedding shoe – but luckily, if you don’t, it also comes in an off-white option!
The Destination Wedding: The Beach!
I have heard of so many destination weddings to fabulous islands in the Caribbean, beaches on the coast of Greek islands, you name it. When I come across these brides, they are NEVER sure if they should be wearing a sandal, or if they should be going barefoot. My advice? Definitely get a sandal! If the sand is extra hot that day, you don’t want to remember your special day by how much your feet were burning…
1. Ivanka Trump Felix Sandals – Bloomingdale’s
I love a pretty, jeweled sandal with a beachy wedding gown. Adds a little touch of elegance!
2. Stuart Weitzman Mermaid Jelly – ShopBop.com
I LOVE a good jelly – which also happens to be a new staple shoe of the summer! Go for a comfy jelly flat sandal that you can easily slip on and off, just in CASE you decide to do a ‘trash the wedding dress’ picture in the ocean!
3. Jimmy Choo Wave Metallic Leather Sandals – NetAPorter.com
I know plenty of brides who want their first Jimmy Choo to be their wedding shoe! Go for a basic metallic like this shoe below – this would be the EASIEST shoe to wear over and over again, seasons after your wedding day! Talk about a good investment!
The Sexy Wedding Shoe
My favorite category! I love a high, stylized wedding shoe that will give you that extra punch in your walk down the aisle. Can you tell what kind of shoe I will be wearing on my wedding day? 🙂
1. Sergio Rossi Ankle Strap Matisse Filigree High Heel – Bloomingdale’s
How FUN are these Sergio Rossi Ankle Strap heels? In the description of the shoe, Bloomingdale’s says ‘For waltzing down the aisle..’, and I think they are exactly right! I love the variation in crystal color. These heels are definitely in need of a dress that would show them off!
2. Stuart Weitzman The Nudist Sandal – Stuart Weitzman
The Stuart Weitzman Nudist sandal is one of the HOTTEST shoes on the market right now. Between all of the movie/music award shoes this year, style critics have counted nearly 100+ pairs of Stuart Weitzman Nudists being worn on the red carpet. I personally own 4 pairs, and I LOVE them. The beauty of the Nudist is that they come in a variety of heights (and colors), but even the TALLEST Nudist is still comfortable! Love this ‘Caribe Suede’ option below if you’re wanting to use your shoe for your ‘Something Blue’!
3. Enzo Angiolini Nordia Ankle Strap Heel – Nordstrom
For the girls who like LOTS of detail – how beautiful is this Enzo Angiolini shoe? This brand is always at a great price point, and I can’t get over the jeweled ankle strap AND the bow combination. This shoe also screams for a dress that will let it be noticed!!!
Shoe Buying Tips:
1. Make sure you wear your heels around, and wear them around a LOT! When you are in the store, make sure you take your shoes for a test run on whatever type of hard walkway they have (concrete, tile, etc.). This will be the true test of whether or not your shoes will be comfortable on your wedding day.
2. Choose a shoe without a CRAZY dramatic pitch. What does this mean? The pitch is literally the pitch of height between the heel and ball of your foot. If you want height, but not discomfort, try buying something with a hidden platform to reduce the pitch.
3. Shoes still a little bit tight in the toe box of your foot? Ask whatever store you are purchasing from to stretch the shoe for you! They will do this complimentary for you, especially at major department stores (like Bloomingdale’s 😉 ) This can help a LOT – especially if the next half size up is just a little too big!