Wedding Venue Review: Maggiano’s Chicago
Who doesn’t love Maggiano’s?? Their food is delicious, their atmosphere ambient, classic music, and great service. But, have you ever considered them for your wedding?
Quite honestly, we knew Maggiano’s had rooms that would be amazing for bridal showers, or rehearsal dinners, but we hadn’t considered hosting a wedding there until we were lucky enough to meet some of their folks at an event who told us better. We took a trip to the downtown Chicago location to see where the magic happens, and we were impressed.
The downtown location, of course, has their traditional dining area with an entrance on Clark Street. The main restaurant does have a room downstairs available for private parties we’re told is for more classic and traditional themed parties. It’s large enough to bring in your own dance floor and can fit up to 200 people. This does require your guests to enter the same way as restaurant patrons, but if your prefer a more private settings, you’re in luck! In addition to the main dining area, there is another section of the building completely blocked off from the restaurant with a private entrance on Grand Avenue. This separate area boasts 10 rooms and very flexible options to accommodate any wedding size. They allow for multiple room rental, separate areas for cocktails before reception time, private coat check, and can convert your room from ceremony setup to reception in less than an hour.
Despite being in a prime downtown location, the beautiful decor and amazing food, Maggiano’s is one of the most affordable wedding venues in the city. Here are some important points to consider:
- The food is served family style: guaranteed to satisfy even picky eaters, you’ll enjoy traditional Italian fare and rest comfortably that food IS what these people do.
- They can modify meals or accommodate dietary conditions.
- Your package includes a sweet table, or cake from one of their partner bakers.
- Also included are house ivory linens, and centerpieces (no floral).
- The average plate price is $75 – bar is included in plate pricing.
- You can earn lettuce entertain you points based on the cost of your wedding.
- The latest room availability is 1:30 a.m. -BUT in River North you’re near everything! Fado is across the street and Paris club is around the corner for after hours.
All in all, we think Maggiano’s is a hidden gem in terms of wedding venues, and loved what we saw. For more information contact:
Rachel A. Stackman | Banquet Sales Manager
Maggiano’s Downtown Chicago | 516 North Clark Street | Chicago, IL 60654