Wedding Venue Review: The Westin Michigan Avenue
We love Chicago! The views are stunning, the food is delicious, and one could literally not ask for more photo opportunities, or backdrops! We were invited to visit the Westin on North Michigan Avenue to see the full scope of what this beautiful hotel can offer to brides as their wedding venue, and well, we were impressed!
The Chicago Ballroom
The Chicago Ballroom is their most intimate, discerning ballroom. Newly renovated and featuring panoramic views, this rooftop room accommodates up to 160 guests. Before your event, your guests can enjoy cocktails with views of Michigan Avenue.
The Michigan Ballroom
The Michigan Ballroom accommodates up to 250 guests and features floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the Magnificent Mile and Water Tower Place.
The Great Lakes Grand Ballroom
The Great Lakes Grand Ballroom is their largest ballroom, recently renovated and with contemporary chandeliers, carrara marble columns and satinwood wainscoting. It comfortably accommodates up to 500 guests, and also offers the exclusivity of a private motor entrance and dedicated doorman!
What we love:
– Located right in the heart of downtown Chicago, on the Magnificent Mile, there is plenty to do! Your guests can find shopping, food and fun without walking very far.
– The food! The Westin knows how to throw down. Whether you’re interested in a sushi station, luxury charcuterie treats, or custom cocktails, they’ve got you covered.– Being so close to many of Chicago’s most famous attractions, like Water Tower Place and Millennium Park, your photos will all feature gorgeous views and scenery.
– They give to the less fortunate. We were invited to a special event to showcase the venue, and part of the fun was a table they’d set up for guests to help package bags with toiletries to be given to people who need it. “Clean the World collects and recycles soap and shampoo products discarded by the hospitality industry everyday.Through the distribution of these and other donated hygiene products to impoverished people, it will help prevent the millions of deaths caused by hygiene related illnesses everyday.”
What’s not to love:
– While the venue is beautiful, the price tag may be a little steep for some. Plate pricing beings at $140. Though, it does come with a lot!
– Transportation & Parking – the facility does have onsite valet service, but some guests may find this a bit expensive for several hours, or overnight. Downtown Chicago as a rule, it seems, is just difficult to reach by car. But, the trip is definitely worth it! There is street parking available very close by, also consider:
PRO TIP: For city weddings, have your guests download SpotHero. It’s a parking app that we swear by!! Create your own account and find the “share” option. This will generate a code that will give you and your guests $5 in complimentary parking for registering, on top of the already awesome parking rates.
For more information, or a tour of the site, contact Kenna Hewitt: Kenna.Hewitt@westin.
*This blog is not an official publication for The Westin, and is not a replacement for any information currently published, or to be published in the future by The Westin. Pricing, policies and information are subject to change. Always contact the venue directly for the most current and accurate information.*